Hantec Markets privacy notice
Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. At Hantec Markets we protect personal data and confidentiality of the information and respect the privacy rights of our existing and prospective customers.
Hantec Markets collects data to operate effectively and provide you with a valuable service while ensuring that your needs are met.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect from you in connection with the provision of our products or services to you or from your use of our products and services, as well as through our interactions with you through our website or applications. This notice also outlines how the data that we collect is used.
This Privacy Notice applies to the data processing activities carried out by Hantec Markets Limited who acts as a Data Controller of your personal information.
Hantec Markets Limited is registered in England and Wales, company number 06819047, principal place of business Hantec House, 12-14 Wilfred Street, London SW1E 6PL, registration number with the Information Commissioner is ZA188388.
If you have any questions about this notice or wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer:
- Call: +44 (0) 207 036 0882
- Email: [email protected]
- Write to us: Compliance Department, Hantec Markets, Hantec House, 12-14 Wilfred Street, London SW1E 6PL.
What Type of Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It?
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, including the products and services you use or wish to start using. The data we collect about you can include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect your full name, email address, personal postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Demographic data: We collect data about you such as your date and place of birth, gender, country, and preferred language.
- Location data: For certain products and services, we collect imprecise data about your location that includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address.
- Profession and employment details: We collect details of your employment and your source of income.
- Government-issued photographic identification: We collect copies of passports, national ID cards, driving licenses and other acceptable forms of ID that contain photos.
- Financial and tax information: We collect information about your income, assets and liabilities, balances of your accounts, trading and financial statements, bank details, tax identification numbers and other identification numbers used for tax purposes.
- Trading information: We keep records of the products you trade with us and their performance.
- Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Content: We collect the content of all telephone conversations and electronic communications between us that result in placing and/or closing an order or a trade, including communications that are intended to result in placing and/or closing an order or a trade, irrespective of the outcome.
We collect the content of files and communications we receive from you, when necessary to provide you with the products and services you use or intend to use. This includes files and communications sent and received by us via Outlook, our Client Portal and by post.
- To perform essential business operations (including monitoring and improving ) and provide the products and services we offer;
- To perform administration on the account you may hold with us on an on-going basis, including keeping records we hold accurate and up-to-date;
- Other companies within the Hantec Group.
- Vendors, service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, IT, financial, compliance, legal, regulatory, insurance, research or other services and who work on our behalf for the purposes described in this notice and may need access to personal data to provide those functions.
In such cases, the contractors must abide by our data processing agreements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
- Introducing brokers with whom we have a mutual contractual relationship;
- Anyone authorised by you
We may also disclose personal data to:
- Courts, tribunals, law enforcement or other government agencies, applicable competent authorities as required by law or requested to comply with applicable law for internal investigations and reporting or respond to valid legal process;
The disclosure of personal information to the affiliates and other third parties set out above may involve the transfer of data to other jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such countries may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. We have put in place the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Union Commission for such transfers of personal data. To the extent we transfer your information outside the EEA, we will ensure that transfer is lawful and that there are appropriate security arrangements. Please contact us on [email protected] should you require more information on international data transfer arrangements
Security of Personal Data
Hantec Markets retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide you or the institution you represent with the products and services, and/or for other essential purposes for which data was collected, depending on the legal basis for which that data was obtained and whether we are under any additional legal or regulatory obligations to retain your personal information. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different legal and regulatory requirements, actual retention periods can vary.
- Records of identification evidence (customer due diligence/KYC) are kept for a period of five years from the ending of the business relationship with the customer, i.e. the closing of the account or accounts.
- Records relating to all orders and all transactions carried out by us on behalf of our clients containing all the information and details of the identity of the client, and the information required is kept for the period of five years from the ending of the business relationship with the customer, i.e. the closing of the account or accounts.
- Records of communications, including telephone and other electronic communications, are retained for five years from the ending of the business relationship with the customer, i.e. the closing of the account or accounts.
If you have opted out of receiving any marketing communications from us we will add you to a “do not contact” list to ensure we comply with your opt-out right and that your details will not be put back on the marketing list at later stages.
Data subject rights
The GDPR provides the following rights for you:
- The right to be informed – If you ask us, we will provide you with various pieces of information about the data processing activities undertaken by us. This information is provided in this Privacy Notice.
- The right of access – If you make a request, we will provide you with confirmation whether your personal information is being processed by us and a copy of that personal information. Should you wish to see your own collection data, request for information can be made by email