Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. At Hantec Markets we protect personal data and confidentiality of the information and respect the privacy rights of our existing and prospective customers.
Hantec Markets collects data to operate effectively and provide you with a valuable service while ensuring that your needs are met.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect from you in connection with the provision of our products or services to you or from your use of our products and services, as well as through our interactions with you through our website or applications. This notice also outlines how the data that we collect is used.
This Privacy Notice applies to the data processing activities carried out by Hantec Markets Limited who acts as a Data Controller of your personal information.
Hantec Markets Limited is registered in England and Wales, company number 06819047, principal place of business Hantec House, 12-14 Wilfred Street, London SW1E 6PL, registration number with the Information Commissioner is ZA188388.
If you have any questions about this notice or wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer:
- Call: +44 (0) 207 036 0882
- Email: [email protected]
- Write to us: Compliance Department, Hantec Markets, Hantec House, 12-14 Wilfred Street, London SW1E 6PL.
What Type of Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It?
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, including the products and services you use or wish to start using. The data we collect about you can include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect your full name, email address, personal postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Demographic data: We collect data about you such as your date and place of birth, gender, country, and preferred language.
- Location data: For certain products and services, we collect imprecise data about your location that includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address.
- Profession and employment details: We collect details of your employment and your source of income.
- Government-issued photographic identification: We collect copies of passports, national ID cards, driving licenses and other acceptable forms of ID that contain photos.
- Financial and tax information: We collect information about your income, assets and liabilities, balances of your accounts, trading and financial statements, bank details, tax identification numbers and other identification numbers used for tax purposes.
- Trading information: We keep records of the products you trade with us and their performance.
- Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Content: We collect the content of all telephone conversations and electronic communications between us that result in placing and/or closing an order or a trade, including communications that are intended to result in placing and/or closing an order or a trade, irrespective of the outcome.
We collect the content of files and communications we receive from you, when necessary to provide you with the products and services you use or intend to use. This includes files and communications sent and received by us via Outlook, our Client Portal and by post.
We also gather the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and service reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our business development team may be monitored and recorded.
You provide this data directly, such as when you apply for an account with Hantec Markets, sign up for a demo, request access to MultiTerminal, fill in contact forms, inquire about Hantec Markets products and services, sign up for a webinar or to receive market research, analysis and reports, subscribe to news and updates, and in the course of customer service correspondence.
We may also collect your personal information through a refer a friend scheme or from publicly available sources.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may be used on some pages of our Online Platform and website to provide users with a more customised browsing experience. For further detailed information about cookies and how you can control and delete them, please refer to the Cookies section on our website.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to fulfil your request for a specific product or service, we may not be able to provide you or the institution you represent with the requested product or service.
How we use your personal information?
Hantec Markets uses the data we collect for the following purposes:
- To perform essential business operations (including monitoring and improving ) and provide the products and services we offer;
- To perform administration on the account you may hold with us on an on-going basis, including keeping records we hold accurate and up-to-date;
We will process certain personal information about you or your directors, officers, beneficial owners (if applicable) or any other associated employees in order to carry out anti-money laundering and international terrorist financing checks and related actions which we consider appropriate to meet any legal obligations imposed on us relating to, or to pursue our legitimate interests in relation to the prevention of fraud and other forms of crime (money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, tax evasion, cyber-crime) and to prevent the provision of financial and other services to persons who may be subject to economic or trade sanctions. We may also process your information to detect and prevent scalping, market abuse, or any other unethical trading in accordance with our existing policies and procedures.
We use the data to carry out analysis and monitoring that enable us to operate, fulfil our legal and regulatory responsibilities and obligations including regulatory and supervisory reporting, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. This includes disputes/complaints handling and resolution, reporting tax related information to tax authorities, record retention for screening purposes, etc. to pursue our and in some circumstances our clients’ legitimate interests.
To monitor and record telephone conversations and electronic communication for investigation and fraud prevention purposes, for crime detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution, and to enforce or defend our rights, ourselves or through delegation of such responsibilities or rights to third parties in order to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us or to pursue our legitimate interests in relation to such matters or the processing in the public interest.
We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or e-mail or other means in order to respond to your query we may receive via our website, e-mail, client portal, chat system or by phone.
To effectively communicate and deliver information to you, including marketing and promotional communications about products and services that may be of interest to you or the institution you represent. Where we send you these communications we will either do so for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or with your consent.
For any processing that is necessary to perform a relevant contract with you, comply with our legal obligations and/or which is necessary for our legitimate interests as set out above and/or where processing is necessary for reasons of public interest.
Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications (daily and weekly reports, promotions, new product offerings, news and announcements, webinars) from Hantec Markets Limited by email.
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and as part of using it for the purposes set out above, we may share your personal information with:
- Other companies within the Hantec Group.
- Vendors, service